However, there are a number of staff who use version 7 and 8 Adobe Acrobat Professional.
On March 18, 2009 Adobe has released updates for these versions as well.
The current version of Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 is now 7.1.1.The current version of Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 is now 8.1.4.
Action Required: Ag IT recommends that College of Ag Science faculty and staff who use either version 7 and 8 Adobe Acrobat Professional update their Adobe Acrobat Professional to these versions.
To apply these updates:
- Close all other programs and then open your version of Adobe Professional.
- From the Help menu choose Check for Updates.
- If updates were found, they should begin to download. If not, click the Download and Install Updates button.
- At this point, you can click the Adobe Professional window to make it active, then Exit Acrobat Professional. If you don't exit Adobe Professional, the updater will prompt you to close the program before the update can be installed.
- When the update is ready, click Install Now.
Note: The Installation Progress window may be minimized to the lower right of the screen (in the notification tray). To see the Installation Progress window, right click on its white icon and choose Show Progress.
- When the process completes, you may be asked to restart.
Acrobat for Windows - Downloads for their complete list of available updates.
Note: Earlier versions of Adobe Acrobat Professional (version 6 or lower) will not be patched.